CALLING ALL EMERGING DESIGNERS
In 2012 Designed Objects Tasmania (DOT) is offering two assisted scholarships that will support emerging designers to cover studio space and equipment rental fees. A relevant tertiary degree is favourable, however DOT recognises that there are other avenues that lead to practicing at a professional level and will access candidates based on the merit of the portfolio provided.
The scholarship will run from Feb 20th – Dec 20th 2012. Recipients will only pay $70 per week for a studio space, administrative support and full access to all the machinery and equipment at DOT.
Significant outcomes for the recipients:
- Professional development workshops
- Administrative support and advocacy
- Mentoring by some of Tasmania’s most skilled designer makers
- Centrally located studio in North Hobart
- Free access to industry standard computers and design software
- Design community collaboration and fellowship
- End of scholarship exhibition
It is expected that by the end of their scholarship the successful applicants will have produced a body of work for exhibition with at least one piece being a prototype for production.
Candidates will apply for the positions by supplying:
- Applicant statement detailing their practice interests and a clear plan of what they would like to achieve during their residency
- Folio of 10 images in PDF form or CD
- Letters of recommendation from peers, lecturer/head of studio/head of school are not required but will be looked on favourably.
Submissions close Friday November 25 at 5pm. Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org Drop off or post any material not submitted electronically to 27A Tasma Street, North Hobart, 7000. Any queries call (03) 6231 0512
These Scholarships are supported by Arts Tasmania