The Board and Trustees of the Design Centre Tasmania welcome the appointment of Rye Dunsmuir as the General Manager, Design Centre Tasmania.
Having worked as the Design Centre retail manager since 2006, Rye has developed strong relationships within the Tasmanian design sector.
His knowledge of the sector and passion for developing new initiatives and commercial opportunities for designers will bring a refined focus to the newly created position of General Manager.
The appointment has come from a strategic overview of the organisation and will bring the operations of the Design Centre Tasmania together.
A number of key initiatives that Rye will be working on in 2012 and beyond include
- The Tasmanian Design Alliance
- Design Island national showcase and market development for Tasmanian designers
- The Tasmanian Design Awards
- Further development of the Tasmanian Wood Design Collection and 2013 acquisition process
- A major rebranding of the Design Centre Tasmania and activities with Clemenger Tasmania
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the Design Centre’s past and future activities please contact Rye Dunsmuir on 03 6331 5506